Robot Overlord 3 (WIP)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Robot Overlord 3 (WIP)

imakerobots
Thank you everyone for all your hard work making Jogamp happen and empowering me to make useful apps.
Instead of only posting problems... here's a WIP for Robot Overlord 3, the tool I use to simulate and program robots.
It uses Modern Docking and Jogamp, which I'm happy to report play nice together.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Robot Overlord 3 (WIP)

imakerobots
if anyone out there is a pulsating big brain about cast shadows, please hmu.  They're mostly good?  I bet fresh eyes would see where I failed to carry the seven or something.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by imakerobots
Modern Docking should work but FlatLaf brings its own list of bugs...
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

imakerobots
Reply | Threaded
|

yaqiang
Very nice software! By the way, what is advantage of Modern Docking compared to Docking Frames?
www.meteothink.org
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Docking Frames seems to be inactive since 2021 whereas Modern Docking is currently actively maintained.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

hharrison
In reply to this post by imakerobots
I'm curious where you generate your 3d content from, we've been investing in a GLTF importer for the jaamsim project as that seems to becoming a much more convenient interchange format, just curious about your content sources and thoughts on content.

Harvey
Reply | Threaded
|

imakerobots
My 3D content is made in Fusion360 and exported as OBJ.  Currently I ignore all .mtl properties.  Also I have to manually remap all UVs.  I can load OBJ, STL, 3MF, and PLY.
Reply | Threaded
|

hharrison
To date we've been supporting obj and collada to various levels of success due to quirks of each program that generates content. We're moving forward with GLTF to better support multiple articulated animations in each model, or previous support really only reliably worked for a single animation....and while there are quirks, it seems to be a bit better documented/standardized for the pieces we're looking to use, will post here when we get past the initial proof of concept phase, although we're pretty far along at this point if anyone looks at the gltf branch in the jaamsim git repo.

All the jaamsim code is Apache 2 licensed in case anyone uses it for inspiration.

https://github.com/jaamsim/jaamsim

Cheers,

Harvey
Reply | Threaded
|

imakerobots
That format looks pretty awful.  I can see why you're struggling to implement it!