Open this post in threaded view
|

java3d +techviz

ghansham
Has anybody ever tried running java3d in techviz environment
used for VR applications?
Another thing I wanted to compile java3d including ijts native dll's
libj3d-ogl*.dll (opengl renderer ones)?
Can somebody point out how to go about it?
Regards
ghansham
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: java3d +techviz

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

There is no such native libraries in Java3D 1.6.0-pre12 because the native renderers based on OpenGL and Direct3D were removed several years ago because they were difficult to maintain and the latter was particularly buggy. Java3D 1.6.0 relies on JOGL to access OpenGL.

I can contact Dassault Systèmes if necessary. Does techviz require this native library? If so, it will have to be modified in order to work with the currently maintained version of Java3D instead of relying on an obsolete one.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by ghansham
As far as I know, Techviz uses OpenGL. Then, maybe it's possible to create an external context to use its rendering in a Java application based on JOGL or on a scenegraph supporting external contexts and based on JOGL, for example JogAmp's Ardor3D Continuation, but I'm not sure that it can be trivially done with Java3D.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rami Santina
Administrator
Hi, We tried TechViz VR with our product C3D which is based on JOGL; it worked perfectly.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:04 AM gouessej [via jogamp] <[hidden email]> wrote:
As far as I know, Techviz uses OpenGL. Then, maybe it's possible to create an external context to use its rendering in a Java application based on JOGL or on a scenegraph supporting external contexts and based on JOGL, for example JogAmp's Ardor3D Continuation, but I'm not sure that it can be trivially done with Java3D.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under java3d, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from jogamp, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Thanks for the feedback. I have found no way of handling an external context within Java3D but it should work with JOGL.