classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

jogl problems on mesa 20 branch

matoxxx
Dear community,
I am using CLC Main Worknech, which is comes with bundled jre (openjdk10) and jogl to draw 3d structures

Manifest-Version: 1.0                                                                                                                                                
  2 Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.8.2                                                                                                                                        
  3 Created-By: 1.7.0_45-b18 (Oracle Corporation)                                                                                                                        
  4 Application-Name: Java Bindings for OpenGL                                                                                                                            
  5 Specification-Title: Java Bindings for OpenGL API Specification                                                                                                      
  6 Specification-Version: 2.1                                                                                                                                            
  7 Specification-Vendor: JogAmp Community                                                                                                                                
  8 Implementation-Title: Java Bindings for OpenGL Runtime Environment                                                                                                    
  9 Implementation-Version: 2.1.2                                                                                                                                        
 10 Implementation-Build: 2.1-b1135-20131101                                                                                                                              
 11 Implementation-Branch: origin/master                                                                                                                                  
 12 Implementation-Commit: 3ed74abaddb90cb537897b9928e923be50f7f99f                                                                                                      
 13 Implementation-Vendor: JogAmp Community                                                                                                                              
 14 Implementation-URL: http://jogamp.org/                                                                                                                               
 15 Extension-Name: javax.media.opengl                                                                                                                                    
 16 Implementation-Vendor-Id: com.jogamp                                                                                                                                  
 17 Trusted-Library: true                                                                                                                                                
 18 Permissions: all-permissions                                                                                                                                          
 19 Codebase: *.jogamp.org      

After mesa update to 20+ branch app throws VM errors (mesa 19 and lower worked fine) on intel HD5500:

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3 (file:/opt/CLCWorkbench/CLCMainWorkbench8/lib/gluegen-rt.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.findLibrary(java.lang.String)
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by jogamp.opengl.awt.Java2D$2 (file:/opt/CLCWorkbench/CLCMainWorkbench8/lib/jogl-all.jar) to field sun.java2d.opengl.OGLUtilities.UNDEFINED
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by jogamp.opengl.awt.Java2D$2 (file:/opt/CLCWorkbench/CLCMainWorkbench8/lib/jogl-all.jar) to field sun.java2d.opengl.OGLUtilities.WINDOW
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by jogamp.opengl.awt.Java2D$2 (file:/opt/CLCWorkbench/CLCMainWorkbench8/lib/jogl-all.jar) to field sun.java2d.opengl.OGLUtilities.TEXTURE
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by jogamp.opengl.awt.Java2D$2 (file:/opt/CLCWorkbench/CLCMainWorkbench8/lib/jogl-all.jar) to field sun.java2d.opengl.OGLUtilities.FLIP_BACKBUFFER
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by jogamp.opengl.awt.Java2D$2 (file:/opt/CLCWorkbench/CLCMainWorkbench8/lib/jogl-all.jar) to field sun.java2d.opengl.OGLUtilities.FBOBJECT
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by jogamp.nativewindow.jawt.JAWTUtil$1 (file:/opt/CLCWorkbench/CLCMainWorkbench8/lib/jogl-all.jar) to method sun.awt.SunToolkit.awtLock()
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by jogamp.nativewindow.jawt.JAWTUtil$1 (file:/opt/CLCWorkbench/CLCMainWorkbench8/lib/jogl-all.jar) to method sun.awt.SunToolkit.awtUnlock()

I have tried to change jre to openjdk13, replace jogl 2.12 jar files with 2.3.2 and 2.4rc but the problems persisted. As there are no other errors reported by the kernel driver, I would like to turn to jogl developers for any hints and fixes.
Thank you
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: jogl problems on mesa 20 branch

gouessej
Administrator
Hello

I'm sorry but you'll have to ask Qiagen (the software publisher) to build CLC Main Workbench with the latest release candidate of JOGL 2.4 to make it work in your case. We don't backport bug fixes in old versions of JOGL. Maybe a few warnings will remain but they don't prevent JOGL from working with OpenJDK 14.

JOGL 2.1 and JOGL 2.4 use different package namespaces, you can't just replace JARs to make it work. Maybe you don't use the right JARs, please look at your classpath.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Gothel
Administrator
In reply to this post by matoxxx
Hi Mato??,

if you can send me a PM, I can give you a bugzilla account
for you to describe the issue in more detail and
in a persistent manner.
See our Wiki -> Maintainer for my PM.

Below a few remarks.

~Sven

On 4/21/20 9:31 PM, matoxxx [via jogamp] wrote:

> Dear community,
> I am using CLC Main Worknech, which is comes with bundled jre (openjdk10) and
> jogl to draw 3d structures
>
> After mesa update to 20+ branch app throws VM errors (mesa 19 and lower worked
> fine) on intel HD5500:
>
> WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3
> (file:/opt/CLCWorkbench/CLCMainWorkbench8/lib/gluegen-rt.jar) to method
> java.lang.ClassLoader.findLibrary(java.lang.String)

These WARNINGS should not occur when using our latest 2.4-RC
and using the classpath approach.

>
> I have tried to change jre to openjdk13, replace jogl 2.12 jar files with
> 2.3.2 and 2.4rc but the problems persisted. As there are no other errors
> reported by the kernel driver, I would like to turn to jogl developers for any
> hints and fixes.

So the remaining issue should be: Intel on Mesa-20+.
Have you tried using software only by setting the environment
variable LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE
  export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=true
?

If software only works, we would have an issue w/ the Mesa/Linux Intel driver
(as usual).

Best,

~Sven

> Thank you
>
Reply | Threaded
|

matoxxx
Hi Sven,
you nailed it , software rendering solved the issue, which means new mesa doesnt cooperate well with any jogl release on integrated intel (i have seen many such post on this forum from the past).
I am an end user, so that why I turned to you as my java knowledge is is close to none (i can understand basic scripting).
But I am not sure is reporting this to upstream mesa will do anything. What place do you suggest to report to?
Thanks a lot