24 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build errors on Solaris

Wade Walker
Administrator
Hi Attila! Nice to see you again.

Julien is correct, the build problem you see is because we now have SWT tests in the JUnit test suite. If you look in jogl/make/lib/swt, you can see them. Sorry this broke the Solaris build -- I didn't think to add a Solaris version of the library!

To fix the build problem, all you need to do is:

- Add the Solaris version of SWT to jogl/make/lib/swt (you can get it from http://www.eclipse.org/swt/)
- Add a pointer to the Solaris SWT JAR to jogl/make/build-common.xml

If you'd like to submit this as a pull request, that would be awesome! Otherwise, just let me know, and I'll submit it this weekend (it might take a while to make it into the tree though, since Sven is on vacation).

Note: If you want to submit the pull request, please set up the Solaris SWT JAR like the others are set up (with the same stuff stripped out for size reasons). We're not putting the whole SWT distribution in there, just what's needed to run our tests.
Reply | Threaded
|

Attila Barcsik
Hi Wade!

I'm half way with the modifications already :D
I've figured it out to put swt 3.6.1 solaris stuff there (jogl/make/lib/swt), but I don't know what to do on "isSolarisAMD64", because there's no such swt runtime...

And there are two options for sparc: gtk and motif. which one to put?  because there's no isSolarisx86Moti or such thing.

Pull request? Of course! :D

I'll will make the pull request, and test the builds if you tell me what to do with these exceptions!

Best Regards, Attila
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
I'd say to try SWT x86/GTK for isSolarisX86 or isSolarisAMD64 (hopefully the 32-bit version will run on 64-bit Solaris), and SWT SPARC/GTK 2 for isSolarisSparc or isSolarisSparcv9 (SWT seems to support GTK 2 better than Motif).
Reply | Threaded
|

Attila Barcsik
Okay!

As of now  solaris x86 swt gtk and  solaris sparc swt gtk2 build / test is successful.
Unfortunately we don't have the other types of solaris.
I will make the pull request tomorrow!

2011/3/11 Wade Walker [via jogamp] <[hidden email]>
I'd say to try SWT x86/GTK for isSolarisX86 or isSolarisAMD64 (hopefully the 32-bit version will run on 64-bit Solaris), and SWT SPARC/GTK 2 for isSolarisSparc or isSolarisSparcv9 (SWT seems to support GTK 2 better than Motif).

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.jogamp.org/Build-errors-on-Solaris-tp2151661p2665435.html
To unsubscribe from Build errors on Solaris, click here.