Depth Test disabled!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Depth Test disabled!

runiter
My Ardor3D application (version based on JOGL) works in most PCs and Macs but in a series of new Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Tablet laptops that we have it appears that the Depth Test is always disabled!
The graphics cards is Intel@ Processor Graphics 3000

I updated the drivers to latest.
Some of our users are reporting same issues in their computers also.

It turned out that if I disable multisampling by passing 0 as samples it fixes the problem.
But why would multisampling affect the Depth Test?

I started a forum in topic in ardor 3D about this here:

http://ardor3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3143&p=11794#p11794

And I was told that this most likely a JOGL bug. Could you verify that JOGL multisample of 8 samples works in Intel@ Processor Graphics 3000?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Depth Test disabled!

gouessej
Administrator
Just for info, Ardor3D still uses an obsolete version of JOGL (JOGL 1.1).

Have you checked how much maximum samples are supported on your hardware? There is an OpenGL constant which can be used to get such a piece of information. I think that this chip supports at most 4 samples.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
I've been looking everywhere to figure out what the OpenGL command for max samples is.
Do you know?
If I can figure that out then that pretty much solves my problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

In Ardor3D, in the class JoglCapabilities (or something like this), there is a constant called _maxFboSamples which contains the interesting value for you. If your Intel driver returns the wrong value, I will show you a way of overriding this mechanism as I did in my case (a particular driver was returning too big a value of texture size). In my humble opinion, Ardor3D should not allow you to use a value greater than the max samples value; if there is a missing check, it is rather a bug in Ardor3D.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website