Exception in main thread javax.media.opengl.GLException:

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Exception in main thread javax.media.opengl.GLException:

Stefan
I keep getting this message when I try to run a molecular modelling software which uses jogl and gluegen jars. I have these jars installed and their classpath is set in the program's manifest which is an executable jar, which I run with java -jar. The complete error message is
Exception in main thread javax.media.opengl.GLException: Profile GL_Default is not available on null but : []
                                   at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.get(GLProfile.java:771)
                                   at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getdefault(GLProfile.java:555)
                                   at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getdefault(GLProfile.java:566)
                                   at QuasarX. <init>(QuasarX.java:279)
                                   at QuasarX.main(QuasarX.java:3856)

Where QuasarX is the program. I am inclined to believe that there is something wrong with my jogl files as the program has been purged and reinstalled several times with different versions etc. Otherwise I would not post here. If anyone knows that the deal with this kind of error is it'd be greatly appreciated. I am rather new to Java and Jogamp so I am at my wit's end on this one.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Exception in main thread javax.media.opengl.GLException:

elect
I can't help much, but I can tell you that javax.media.opengl is the old location, if you have access to the source you should use an updated jogl version and update all your imports
Reply | Threaded
|

Xerxes Rånby

We need to know more about your system and OpenGL driver.

For all bug reports, please add the following information to your bug report:

http://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Jogl_FAQ#Bugreports_.26_Testing
https://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Jogamp_Versioning_and_Releases#Runtime_Debug_Logs

2016-06-08 8:42 GMT+02:00 elect [via jogamp] <[hidden email]>:
I can't help much, but I can tell you that javax.media.opengl is the old location, if you have access to the source you should use an updated jogl version and update all your imports

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.jogamp.org/Exception-in-main-thread-javax-media-opengl-GLException-tp4036800p4036804.html
To start a new topic under jogl, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from jogamp, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by Stefan
Hi

elect is right. Please ask the software maintainers to build their software with JOGL 2.3.2 (the latest version of JOGL) and use it with this version. If the bug persists, please follow Xerxes' suggestion.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website