Extract required libraries JOGL 2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Extract required libraries JOGL 2

Pixelapp
I need to export an application (Application.jar). To do so I have to choose between two options in Eclipse Helios.

1. Extract required libraries into generated JAR

2. Package required libraries into generated JAR

When I use option 2 for exporting my application along with JOGL to a jar file(Application.jar) everything has always worked fine.
However now I need to include other libraries (other-jar-files.jar) with my application. Which can only be accomplished with option 1.

Problem: When I choose option 1, the Application.jnlp does not find the JOGL2 files. It throws the kind of error we get when JOGL2 libraries are not found.

Do you guys have any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Extract required libraries JOGL 2

Pixelapp
Just wanted to know if you guys got something out of top of your heads.

I was planning in researching it anyways.

Thanks anyways.
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
What kind of app are you creating? Is this a Web Start app or an applet (hence the JNLP file)? Or is it a desktop app?

For applets and Web Start, I've always pointed JNLP files at JAR files via an URL (file or network). You might be able to create a file URL that points inside a JAR, if that's what you're trying to do.

For desktop apps, exporting JOGL apps from Eclipse is a big topic -- I give some details at http://wadeawalker.wordpress.com/2010/10/24/tutorial-creating-native-binary-executables-for-multi-platform-java-apps-with-opengl-and-eclipse-rcp/.

Reply | Threaded
|

Pixelapp
In reply to this post by Pixelapp
Everything is working fine now.

I was looking at the jar autoexecutable options.

When I just needed the jar options.

I was adding a layer of extra errors to my wobbly cake.

Anyway.

Thanks for the quick respose Wade Walker.