GWindow position issue after resize since 2.3.2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GWindow position issue after resize since 2.3.2

mbastian2
Hi, I'm encountering window position issues after upgrading to the 2.3.2 version. I didn't have this issue with the 2.3.1 version. I know you've made some changes in this area so hopefully you might know what's going on. I'm probably doing something wrong at the first place but was only revealed by the recent update. I'm running Mac OS X El Capitan and the JDK 1.8.0_60. My application supports Retina display and I'm testing with a 2X surface scale at the moment.

This is how I reproduce the problem:
1. When the application starts a GLWindow and a NewtCanvasAWT are created and configured. Note that these instances are created from EDT, not sure if it matters.
2. When the application UI is fully loaded, I get a callback and then add the NewtCanvasAWT to a JPanel that has a Border layout. The canvas is added with the BorderLayout.CENTER flag. Other panels are added at west, south and north. It looks like Image 1 below.
3. When I resize the south panel, I call revalidate/repaint on the JPanel that hosts the canvas. The toolbar resizes correctly (becomes higher) and the Canvas resizes correctly but the position of the window isn't where it should be.

See images below:
The position is correct when started
After clicking on the toolbar resize the canvas position is of

Thanks for help!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: GWindow position issue after resize since 2.3.2

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

Is it reproducible only under OS X 10.11?
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

mbastian2
Not sure about the specific OS X version but I can't reproduce it on Windows or Linux
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Thank you for the feedback. Please fill a bug report so that we don't forget your problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

mbastian2
Will do, any idea what's going on? Something I can try or a workaround? Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
There is a problem of synchronization between the parent component and the NewtCanvasAWT, I have no workaround. It's important to report this bug as soon as possible so that it gets included into the roadmap.
Reply | Threaded
|

mbastian2
Done: https://jogamp.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1274

Attached a simple test case to reproduce it.