classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Minor NEWT Graphical Glitches on X11 Windowing Systems

bgroenks96
Hi,

I've noticed this for quite some time, but I've never gotten around to reporting it (for a while, I just assumed it might be a driver bug or something). But this is an issue that has persisted across multiple versions of Linux Mint KDE and my installed graphics drivers.

When a NEWT window is created on a Linux/X11 system (for me), there is sometimes graphical fragmentation in the window border; i.e. parts do not get rendered until the window is grabbed/moved or resized.

Furthermore, using 'setUndecorated(true)' seems to cause a fraction of a second of window flickering when the window is first drawn to. It also sometimes still shows the window border for a fraction of a second.

This is a bit hard to repro consistently, but it happens frequently, so it should be doable.

All you have to do is fire up a simple JOGL application using NEWT on a Linux/X11 system, preferably one with NVIDIA drivers and using the K desktop environment (just in case it has something to do with NEWT's interaction with KWin).

Best of luck,

-Brian