classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Testing JOGL build gets hung up on one line every time

madmatt
Hello there,

I'm following the instructions at this link to build JOGL on the command line: https://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Building_JOGL_on_the_command_line

I'm using Windows 7, and running commands and building on the Windows command line following the instructions.

I was able to install Java JDK version 8.31, Ant, Unset the Classpath (which was blank), install Git, and MinGW. Everything OK there.

I pulled the source code using Git.

I built both gluegen and jogl using the listed directions, and typing in the Windows 7 cmd.

But then, I have problems testing the code. gluegen tests ok when I enter the make folder and type
ant junit.run

but when I repeat the same for jogl/make, and run
ant junit.run
the tests seem to be running pretty well. Until I get to this line:
[apply] Thread[Thread-2-UserApp-JUnitTestRunner,5,main] GearsES2.display 0x67056010 400x300, swapInterval 1, drawable 0x6d0117c0 (the drawable is changing each time I run it)

Last thing I saw pop up was a simple gears picture, after a white background gears picture that increased in size. Just to give you a rough idea where in the test I'm at.

I tried deleting the jogl folder, pulling using git again, rebuilding and retesting jogl in both the cmd for Windows and also cygwin. And I continue to get stuck on the same line.

Anyone have an idea what may be causing my testing to hang up? Any suggestions to help me? I appreciate your time.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Testing JOGL build gets hung up on one line every time

Wade Walker
Administrator
You might check our test server at https://jogamp.org/chuck/job/jogl/ to see if that test is failing for your OS/video card combination.

If you're just building JOGL to use for yourself, you don't necessarily have to run all the tests -- they're to make sure we don't break things for a public release. Or are you planning to submit a patch request and want to check it first?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Testing JOGL build gets hung up on one line every time

madmatt
Thanks Wade. I'm just a first time user learning JOGL and how to use it to create OpenGL code in Java. I won't worry about the tests then.