classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

UnsatisfiedLinkError

jf2qm
Hello,

I wrote a program using Processing(which uses jogl and gluegen), and am using PApplet to run it in a java application in NetBeans.

I am unable to run my program (by running the jar) outside the IDE - neither on my local windows 64-bit machine using command line, nor on a external linux server (which is where I would like to run the program) using X11 forwarding

This is the error I receive from the linux machine:
Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jogamp.common.jvm.JVMUtil.initialize(Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;)Z
        at jogamp.common.jvm.JVMUtil.initialize(Native Method)
        at jogamp.common.jvm.JVMUtil.<clinit>(JVMUtil.java:58)
        at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform$1.run(Platform.java:212)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform.<clinit>(Platform.java:179)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.<clinit>(GLProfile.java:82)
        at processing.opengl.PJOGL.initSurface(PJOGL.java:250)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.initPrimary(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6310)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.requestDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:1653)
        at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:2256)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

this is the error I get from trying to run the jar on my machine using command line:

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\
M30043\AppData\Local\Temp\jogamp_0000\file_cache\jln5173289022091140639\jln27661
81922398212841\gluegen-rt.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
        at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.loadLibraryInternal(JNILibLoaderBase.java:575)
        at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.access$000(JNILibLoaderBase.java:64)
        at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase$DefaultAction.loadLibrary(JNILibLoaderBase.java:96)
        at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.loadLibrary(JNILibLoaderBase.java:459)
        at com.jogamp.common.os.DynamicLibraryBundle$GlueJNILibLoader.loadLibrary(DynamicLibraryBundle.java:388)
        at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform$1.run(Platform.java:209)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform.<clinit>(Platform.java:179)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.<clinit>(GLProfile.java:82)
        at processing.opengl.PJOGL.initSurface(PJOGL.java:250)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.initPrimary(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6310)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.requestDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:1653)
        at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:2256)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any idea about why I can run it in the IDE but not outside? or any way to package it so that it can run outside the IDE?

thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError

gouessej
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi

You need the JARs containing the native libraries too, put them into the same directory than the JARs containing the classes. It's explained in our wiki:
http://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_a_JogAmp_project_in_your_favorite_IDE#Compile_and_run_your_project_from_the_command_line

You posted some other exceptions here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24742009/unsatisfiedlinkerror-no-such-method-jogl-gluegen-jogamp

You should ensure that you use the same version of JOGL than the one used to build Processing.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

jf2qm
In reply to this post by jf2qm
hi everyone, it looks like it is fixed now.  I think the issue came up during the design of the program when i tried to get it compatible with a linux system and downloaded too many files and possibly mismatched versions.   thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
You're welcome. Now I understand why it was failing to find some basic methods within GlueGen Common.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website