can't build in Netbeans... this is frustrating!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

can't build in Netbeans... this is frustrating!

jacksmash
I've been scratching my head over this for way too long now. I've followed these tutorials:

http://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_a_JogAmp_project_in_your_favorite_IDE#NetBeans_IDE

and

http://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Using_JOGL_in_AWT_SWT_and_Swing#JOGL_in_Swing_using_the_GLJPanel

It doesn't matter whether I copy the code for the GLCanvas or the GLJPanel, I still get the same errors:

no suitable constructor found for GLCanvas(javax.media.opengl.GLCapabilities)
    constructor javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas.GLCanvas(javax.media.opengl.GLCapabilitiesImmutable,javax.media.opengl.GLCapabilitiesChooser,javax.media.opengl.GLContext,java.awt.GraphicsDevice) is not applicable
      (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)
    constructor javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas.GLCanvas(javax.media.opengl.GLCapabilitiesImmutable,javax.media.opengl.GLContext) is not applicable
    constructor javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas.GLCanvas(javax.media.opengl.GLCapabilitiesImmutable) is not applicable
      (actual argument javax.media.opengl.GLCapabilities cannot be converted to javax.media.opengl.GLCapabilitiesImmutable by method invocation conversion)
    constructor javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas.GLCanvas() is not applicable

This is weird because GLCapabilities implements the GLCapabilitiesImmutable interface. So the typing is obviously correct.

WHen I try to build, I get this error:

cannot access com.jogamp.common.type.WriteCloneable
class file for com.jogamp.common.type.WriteCloneable not found
        final GLCanvas glcanvas = new GLCanvas( glcapabilities );

Please help!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: can't build in Netbeans... this is frustrating!

Wade Walker
Administrator
Sounds like maybe some old version of JOGL is still on your class path somewhere. You might want to print out your class path, then check every location on it to make sure you're not referring to an old JOGL in some forgotten location.

Reply | Threaded
|

jacksmash
Yes, I've already checked the classpath and there is no reference to JOGL at all. I mean, I just set this up on my machine at home with no problems... now I'm at school (with the exact same OS) and I'm getting that error. Baffling.
Reply | Threaded
|

jacksmash
Also, I've checked the jar files, and I can't even find a library called "com.jogamp.common.type" that contains a WriteCloneable class.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:45 PM, jacksmash [via jogamp] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I've already checked the classpath and there is no reference to JOGL at all. I mean, I just set this up on my machine at home with no problems... now I'm at school (with the exact same OS) and I'm getting that error. Baffling.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.jogamp.org/can-t-build-in-Netbeans-this-is-frustrating-tp3516072p3516370.html
To unsubscribe from can't build in Netbeans... this is frustrating!, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

jacksmash
In reply to this post by Wade Walker
And to clarify... No Jogl on my windows classpath, but in netbeans the path is correct. I only have one location where I extracted the Jogl files to. 

Sent from my iPhone

On 2011-11-17, at 12:03 PM, "Wade Walker [via jogamp]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sounds like maybe some old version of JOGL is still on your class path somewhere. You might want to print out your class path, then check every location on it to make sure you're not referring to an old JOGL in some forgotten location.

http://forum.jogamp.org/can-t-build-in-Netbeans-this-is-frustrating-tp3516072p3516230.html
To unsubscribe from can't build in Netbeans... this is frustrating!, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

jacksmash
This is where I'm at:

Now the program builds just fine... no errors. But I when I run it, I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\libs\jogl-2.0\lib\gluegen-rt.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1807)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1732)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)
        at com.jogamp.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraryInternal(NativeLibLoader.java:117)
        at com.jogamp.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader.access$000(NativeLibLoader.java:51)
        at com.jogamp.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader$1.run(NativeLibLoader.java:70)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.jogamp.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader.loadGlueGenRT(NativeLibLoader.java:68)
        at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JVMUtil.<clinit>(JVMUtil.java:56)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.<clinit>(GLProfile.java:1145)
        at joglapp.JOGLPanel.<init>(JOGLPanel.java:56)
        at joglapp.InternalMain.<init>(InternalMain.java:41)
        at joglapp.FrmDesktop.<init>(FrmDesktop.java:16)
        at joglapp.Main.main(Main.java:24)
Reply | Threaded
|

jacksmash
I was thinking... if someone could just send me a link to the version of JOGL that I should be using that would run, for example, this tutorial's code without issue:

http://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Using_JOGL_in_AWT_SWT_and_Swing#JOGL_in_Swing

then that would be helpful!

THanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
In reply to this post by jacksmash
That's really odd -- it means the OS can't find the libraries that gluegen-rt.dll itself links to, which are supposed to be in the system32 directory. It depends only on

c:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll
c:\windows\system32\msvcrt.dll

Are those present? I guess msvcrt.dll might be missing if you have an absolutely raw version of Windows -- if so, we can find one somewhere.
Reply | Threaded
|

jacksmash
Yes... both of those DLLs are in the System32 directory.

I'm using Windows 7 (64-bit). I've tried both the AMD64 and i586 builds of jogamp now. No luck.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Wade Walker [via jogamp] <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's really odd -- it means the OS can't find the libraries that gluegen-rt.dll itself links to, which are supposed to be in the system32 directory. It depends only on

Are those present? I guess msvcrt.dll might be missing if you have an absolutely raw version of Windows -- if so, we can find one somewhere.

http://forum.jogamp.org/can-t-build-in-Netbeans-this-is-frustrating-tp3516072p3518881.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

jacksmash
In reply to this post by Wade Walker
Ok, I FINALLY got it working. I downloaded this package:

And I created a library in Netbeans using:

gluegen-rt.jar
jogl.all.jar
jogl.test.jar

And it is working. Not sure why... but at least it is.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Joel Glanfield <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes... both of those DLLs are in the System32 directory.

I'm using Windows 7 (64-bit). I've tried both the AMD64 and i586 builds of jogamp now. No luck.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Wade Walker [via jogamp] <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://forum.jogamp.org/can-t-build-in-Netbeans-this-is-frustrating-tp3516072p3518881.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
In reply to this post by jacksmash
If you're on 64-bit Windows 7 using a 64-bit JVM, then the JOGL version at http://jogamp.org/deployment/jogamp-current/archive/jogamp-windows-amd64/ should work for you. That's the exact OS I run on at home, so I know for a fact this is functional

Depending on your system configuration, something could still be messed up, though:
- The PATH environment variable could be wrong; it could be letting you find old/corrupt/incorrect DLLs
- The CLASSPATH environment variable might be set (it should be non-existent for safety), so you could be picking up old JARs from somewhere
- You might have put some odd JARs into your JVM or JDK (in the extensions directory or elsewhere)
- You might have put some odd JARs into NetBeans itself somewhere (maybe as part of a plugin)

It's real easy to do something like that and then forget about it, until you start getting odd problems like you're seeing
Reply | Threaded
|

jacksmash
Here is my User PATH variable:

C:\Users\Me\Documents\UltraEdit\;C:\mapnik-0.7.1\lib\;C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4;C:\Python26\GDAL\bin;C:\javacc-5.0\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_26\bin

My System CLASSPATH variable:

.;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip

My System PATH variable:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageMagick-6.6.4-Q16;C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2008b\bin;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2008b\bin\win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphviz2.26\bin;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\

I don't see anything unusual there. I don't recall installing any plugins in NetBeans either.... not sure what I would have needed one for. 

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Wade Walker [via jogamp] <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you're on 64-bit Windows 7 using a 64-bit JVM, then the JOGL version at http://jogamp.org/deployment/jogamp-current/archive/jogamp-windows-amd64/ should work for you. That's the exact OS I run on at home, so I know for a fact this is functional

Depending on your system configuration, something could still be messed up, though:
- The PATH environment variable could be wrong; it could be letting you find old/corrupt/incorrect DLLs
- The CLASSPATH environment variable might be set (it should be non-existent for safety), so you could be picking up old JARs from somewhere
- You might have put some odd JARs into your JVM or JDK (in the extensions directory or elsewhere)
- You might have put some odd JARs into NetBeans itself somewhere (maybe as part of a plugin)

It's real easy to do something like that and then forget about it, until you start getting odd problems like you're seeing

http://forum.jogamp.org/can-t-build-in-Netbeans-this-is-frustrating-tp3516072p3518916.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
I see at least three causes for concern there:

- Your PATH has tons of stuff before %SystemRoot%\system32, which should probably never be the case
- There may be JARs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\ext or similar locations that the JVM checks
- CLASSPATH should not be set at all - it may not hurt anything, but you're just asking for trouble :)

If you're not starting from clean Windows and NetBeans installs, you'll have to methodically check all these kinds of problems and rule them out.