classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

glBindFramebuffer causes some trouble

Engstrom
Hello!

I am in the process of developing a small game and we use JOGL for our graphics needs. I just recently got a new laptop and when running the application on this machine our game is pitch black.

Looking at the logs i saw that the error INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION was being reported several times, so I decided to look into it a bit more. Now after a long session of divide-and-conquer code commenting I have found the following:

Game has two framebuffers. The default one and a second one. The second buffer is generated using glGenFramebuffers and shows no errors.

1. This error occurs when i call glDrawArrays regardless of which of these buffers are currently bound.
2. If I NEVER bind the second framebuffer then the game will render without errors in the default buffer. Even if I bind the default buffer just after binding the second one then the game will be black once more.
3. All other operations report no errors, and the second buffer even reports as complete at any given time, but drawArrays still reports INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION.

What to do, I wonder?

The graphics card in the new machine is an ATI Radeon 6630M. System is x64 with the x64 JOGL 2.0-windows-amd64 library.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glBindFramebuffer causes some trouble

Engstrom
More information:

If i create the second buffer and also move all my drawcalls for it into the first (0) buffer, then the contents of both buffers will be visible on screen, but the error messages still appear.