>
>     runiter wrote
>     but the git is still old.
>     can you please update your git version of Ardor3D here:
>
>     https://github.com/gouessej/Ardor3D
>
> I have just forgotten how to update my branch so that it contains Renanse's
> changes and mine :s Maybe Sven can remind me how to do that.
- git pull {some repo name} {some branch name}

this incl. a merge already, you may need to fix conflicts (rarely)

git add/commit your stuff and - git push

I now assume your svn repo is diff. from the git one.
Well, I dunno how Ardor3D does it officially, but you can have
one git repo and use git-svn on it, so a unique source of things is possible.

~Sven

signature.asc (909 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: jogl crashes video card driver

runiter
any luck updating the git version, gouessej?
If it's too complicated let me know and I'll just install svn in my eclipse (was hoping to avoid installing svn)
Saeid Nourian, Ph.D. Eng. | Graphing Calculator 3D
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
You can use my JARs, you don't need SVN to download them:
http://tuer.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tuer/pre_beta/lib/ardor3d/

I have a new XMPP account, I will try to solve my problem with GIT. It already works better, I will make a pull request tonight. If I fail in synchronizing my repository with Renanse's one, I will be able to ask some help to Sven. Keep in mind that you will probably have to replace the JARs for JOGL and GlueGen provided with Ardor3D by more recent ones to benefit of Sven's fixes, please use the latest autobuild. Would you prefer me to keep my GIT repository always synchronized so that you can benefit of Renanse updated source code + my fixes + the most appropriate JARs for JOGL and GlueGen?
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
gouessej wrote
Would you prefer me to keep my GIT repository always synchronized so that you can benefit of Renanse updated source code + my fixes + the most appropriate JARs for JOGL and GlueGen?
Yes please. Although I only need the ardor3d-jogl project. I can get core ardor3d from renanse and and get the ardor3d-jogl from you, if that's any easier for you.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
runiter wrote
gouessej wrote
Would you prefer me to keep my GIT repository always synchronized so that you can benefit of Renanse updated source code + my fixes + the most appropriate JARs for JOGL and GlueGen?
Yes please. Although I only need the ardor3d-jogl project. I can get core ardor3d from renanse and and get the ardor3d-jogl from you, if that's any easier for you.
Ok. I'll let you know when it is ready. I have to fix some tiny things in LibGDX and then I will have a little time for Ardor3D.
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
The ardor3D version has an exception error.

canvas.getCanvasRenderer().getCamera() seem to remain null after frameHandler.init() is called!
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
runiter wrote
The ardor3D version has an exception error.

canvas.getCanvasRenderer().getCamera() seem to remain null after frameHandler.init() is called!
Renanse only included my fix, he didn't update JOGL. Sven looked at my patch, I call setVisible(true) on the AWT-EDT.
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
gouessej wrote
Renanse only included my fix, he didn't update JOGL. Sven looked at my patch, I call setVisible(true) on the AWT-EDT.
I used Renanse git but then I override the JOGL jars with the latest. So now it's more clear where the problem is coming from:

I noticed the Ardor3D BoxExample works fine, but somehow in my code the following code in JoglAwtCanvas.init() is never invoked:

invoke(true, new GLRunnable() {
            @Override
            public boolean run(final GLAutoDrawable glAutoDrawable) {
                _canvasRenderer.init(_settings, true);// true - do swap in renderer.
                return true;
            }
        });

When debugging I noticed that the invoke method is called successfully, but the GLRunnable never runs.
What could be a possible reason that the GLRunnable is never executed in my application?
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
Also, I get the following console output when I run the Ardor3D basic examples. The example run fine, but I get these:

Catched: Context not current on current thread AWT-EventQueue-0: WindowsOnscreenWGLContext [OpenGL 3.3, options 0x303, 3.3 (Compatibility profile, arb, ES2 compatible, FBO, hardware) - 3.3.0, this 0x76cbf7, handle 0x20000, jogamp.opengl.gl4.GL4bcImpl@b2002f,
         quirks: [NoDoubleBufferedBitmap],
        Drawable: WindowsOnscreenWGLDrawable[Realized true,
        Factory   jogamp.opengl.windows.wgl.WindowsWGLDrawableFactory@2a4983,
        Handle    0x0,
        Surface   JAWT-Window[windowHandle 0xf0ecc, surfaceHandle 0x0, bounds [ 3 / 25  800 x 600 ], insets [ l 0, r 0 - t 0, b 0 - 0x0], shallUseOffscreenLayer false, isOffscreenLayerSurface false, pos 3/25, size 800x600, visible true, lockedExt false,
        config AWTGraphicsConfiguration[AWTGraphicsScreen[AWTGraphicsDevice[type .awt, connection \Display1, unitID 0, awtDevice D3DGraphicsDevice[screen=1], handle 0x0], idx 1],
        chosen    GLCaps[wgl vid 0x7 arb: rgba 0x8/8/8/0, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms: 24/0/0, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]],
        requested GLCaps[rgba 0x8/8/8/0, opaque, accum-rgba 0/0/0/0, dp/st/ms: 8/0/0, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]],
        sun.awt.Win32GraphicsConfig@137c60d[dev=D3DGraphicsDevice[screen=1],pixfmt=7],
        encapsulated WindowsWGLGraphicsConfiguration[DefaultGraphicsScreen[WindowsGraphicsDevice[type .windows, connection decon, unitID 0, handle 0x0, NullToolkitLock[]], idx 1], pfdID 7, ARB-Choosen true,
        requested GLCaps[rgba 0x8/8/8/0, opaque, accum-rgba 0/0/0/0, dp/st/ms: 8/0/0, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]],
        chosen    GLCaps[wgl vid 0x7 arb: rgba 0x8/8/8/0, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms: 24/0/0, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]]]],
        awtComponent AWT-GLCanvas[Realized true,
        jogamp.opengl.windows.wgl.WindowsOnscreenWGLDrawable,
        handle    0x0,
        Drawable size 800x600,
        AWT pos 3/25, size 800x600,
        visible true, displayable true,
        AWTGraphicsConfiguration[AWTGraphicsScreen[AWTGraphicsDevice[type .awt, connection \Display1, unitID 0, awtDevice D3DGraphicsDevice[screen=1], handle 0x0], idx 1],
        chosen    GLCaps[wgl vid 0x7 arb: rgba 0x8/8/8/0, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms: 24/0/0, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]],
        encapsulated WindowsWGLGraphicsConfiguration[DefaultGraphicsScreen[WindowsGraphicsDevice[type .windows, connection decon, unitID 0, handle 0x0, NullToolkitLock[]], idx 1], pfdID 7, ARB-Choosen true,
        chosen    GLCaps[wgl vid 0x7 arb: rgba 0x8/8/8/0, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms: 24/0/0, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]]]]],
        surfaceLock <406199, c7b00c>[count 0, qsz 0, owner <NULL>]]]]
javax.media.opengl.GLException: Context not current on current thread AWT-EventQueue-0: WindowsOnscreenWGLContext [OpenGL 3.3, options 0x303, 3.3 (Compatibility profile, arb, ES2 compatible, FBO, hardware) - 3.3.0, this 0x76cbf7, handle 0x20000, jogamp.opengl.gl4.GL4bcImpl@b2002f,
         quirks: [NoDoubleBufferedBitmap],
        Drawable: WindowsOnscreenWGLDrawable[Realized true,
        Handle    0x0,
        Surface   JAWT-Window[windowHandle 0xf0ecc, surfaceHandle 0x0, bounds [ 3 / 25  800 x 600 ], insets [ l 0, r 0 - t 0, b 0 - 0x0], shallUseOffscreenLayer false, isOffscreenLayerSurface false, pos 3/25, size 800x600, visible true, lockedExt false,
        config AWTGraphicsConfiguration[AWTGraphicsScreen[AWTGraphicsDevice[type .awt, connection \Display1, unitID 0, awtDevice D3DGraphicsDevice[screen=1], handle 0x0], idx 1],
        chosen    GLCaps[wgl vid 0x7 arb: rgba 0x8/8/8/0, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms: 24/0/0, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]]]],
        awtComponent AWT-GLCanvas[Realized true,
        handle    0x0,
        Drawable size 800x600,
        AWT pos 3/25, size 800x600,
        AWTGraphicsConfiguration[AWTGraphicsScreen[AWTGraphicsDevice[type .awt, connection \Display1, unitID 0, awtDevice D3DGraphicsDevice[screen=1], handle 0x0], idx 1],
        chosen    GLCaps[wgl vid 0x7 arb: rgba 0x8/8/8/0, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms: 24/0/0, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]]]]],
        surfaceLock <406199, c7b00c>[count 0, qsz 0, owner <NULL>]]]]
        at jogamp.opengl.GLContextImpl.release(GLContextImpl.java:279)
        at jogamp.opengl.GLContextImpl.release(GLContextImpl.java:272)
        at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:919)
        at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:822)
        at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas$7.run(GLCanvas.java:1028)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:199)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by runiter
runiter wrote
I used Renanse git but then I override the JOGL jars with the latest. So now it's more clear where the problem is coming from:

I noticed the Ardor3D BoxExample works fine, but somehow in my code the following code in JoglAwtCanvas.init() is never invoked:

invoke(true, new GLRunnable() {
            @Override
            public boolean run(final GLAutoDrawable glAutoDrawable) {
                _canvasRenderer.init(_settings, true);// true - do swap in renderer.
                return true;
            }
        });

When debugging I noticed that the invoke method is called successfully, but the GLRunnable never runs.
What could be a possible reason that the GLRunnable is never executed in my application?
This code is called within the next GLAutoDrawable.display() call. I don't know what you do in your code, sorry.
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
gouessej wrote
This code is called within the next GLAutoDrawable.display() call. I don't know what you do in your code, sorry.
okay, here is an easy test-case for you. If you run Ardor3D JoglAwtExample it will render nothing. If you click and drag on any of the canvas you get the following exception which is due to null Camera:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.ardor3d.input.control.FirstPersonControl.applyDx(FirstPersonControl.java:149)
        at com.ardor3d.input.control.FirstPersonControl.rotate(FirstPersonControl.java:135)
        at com.ardor3d.input.control.FirstPersonControl$1.perform(FirstPersonControl.java:234)
        at com.ardor3d.input.logical.InputTrigger.performIfValid(InputTrigger.java:67)
        at com.ardor3d.input.logical.BasicTriggersApplier.checkAndPerformTriggers(BasicTriggersApplier.java:22)
        at com.ardor3d.input.logical.LogicalLayer.checkTriggers(LogicalLayer.java:83)
        at com.ardor3d.example.canvas.RotatingCubeGame.update(RotatingCubeGame.java:179)
        at com.ardor3d.framework.FrameHandler.updateFrame(FrameHandler.java:68)
        at com.ardor3d.example.canvas.JoglAwtExample.main(JoglAwtExample.java:132)

The above problem exists in both Intel and nvidia video cards, so it should be easy to reproduce in any machine.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Ok I'll fix that tonight.

Edit.: I tested JoglDesktopAwtExample at home and it worked. I might need your help to fix this bug as I have neither Intel chipset nor Windows.

Edit.2: Please try to call CanvasRenderer.init() in the same call of invokeAndWait() than my previous fix.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
@Runiter, please use the patch below and let me know whether it works with your machines:
Ardor3D.patch

If it works, I will make a pull request with this fix. I don't want to break the renderer based on JOGL 2.0 once again.
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
I applied the patch. Now it gives this exception:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:1242)
        at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(SwingUtilities.java:1346)
        at com.ardor3d.framework.jogl.JoglAwtCanvas.init(JoglAwtCanvas.java:64)
        at com.ardor3d.framework.FrameHandler.init(FrameHandler.java:174)
        at org.concord.energy3d.scene.SceneManager.run(SceneManager.java:319)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: javax.media.opengl.GLException: Context not current on current thread AWT-EventQueue-0: WindowsOnscreenWGLContext [OpenGL -1.-1, options 0x0, null, this 0x4af5b94b, handle 0x0, null,
         quirks: n/a,
        Drawable: WindowsOnscreenWGLDrawable[Realized false,
        Factory   jogamp.opengl.windows.wgl.WindowsWGLDrawableFactory@7d4b2e1a,
        Handle    0x0,
        Surface   JAWT-Window[windowHandle 0x1c0d5a, surfaceHandle 0x0, bounds [ 0 / 0  735 x 577 ], insets [ l 0, r 0 - t 0, b 0 - 0x0], shallUseOffscreenLayer false, isOffscreenLayerSurface false, pos 0/0, size 735x577, visible true, lockedExt false,
        chosen    GLCaps[wgl vid 0x20 arb: rgba 0x8/8/8/8, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms: 24/0/4, sample-ext default, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]],
        requested GLCaps[rgba 0x8/8/8/1, opaque, accum-rgba 0/0/0/0, dp/st/ms: 2/0/4, sample-ext default, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]],
        sun.awt.Win32GraphicsConfig@46a1d830[dev=D3DGraphicsDevice[screen=1],pixfmt=32],
        encapsulated WindowsWGLGraphicsConfiguration[DefaultGraphicsScreen[WindowsGraphicsDevice[type .windows, connection decon, unitID 0, handle 0x0, NullToolkitLock[]], idx 1], pfdID 32, ARB-Choosen true,
        requested GLCaps[rgba 0x8/8/8/1, opaque, accum-rgba 0/0/0/0, dp/st/ms: 2/0/4, sample-ext default, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]],
        chosen    GLCaps[wgl vid 0x20 arb: rgba 0x8/8/8/8, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms: 24/0/4, sample-ext default, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]]]],
        awtComponent AWT-GLCanvas[Realized false,
        Factory   jogamp.opengl.windows.wgl.WindowsWGLDrawableFactory@7d4b2e1a,
        handle    0x0,
        Drawable size 735x577,
        AWT pos 0/0, size 735x577,
        chosen    GLCaps[wgl vid 0x20 arb: rgba 0x8/8/8/8, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms: 24/0/4, sample-ext default, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]],
        sun.awt.Win32GraphicsConfig@46a1d830[dev=D3DGraphicsDevice[screen=1],pixfmt=32],
        encapsulated WindowsWGLGraphicsConfiguration[DefaultGraphicsScreen[WindowsGraphicsDevice[type .windows, connection decon, unitID 0, handle 0x0, NullToolkitLock[]], idx 1], pfdID 32, ARB-Choosen true,
        chosen    GLCaps[wgl vid 0x20 arb: rgba 0x8/8/8/8, opaque, accum-rgba 16/16/16/16, dp/st/ms: 24/0/4, sample-ext default, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]]]]],
        surfaceLock <4a58115f, 5bdc9a1a>[count 0, qsz 0, owner <NULL>]]]]
        at jogamp.opengl.GLContextImpl.release(GLContextImpl.java:279)
        at jogamp.opengl.GLContextImpl.release(GLContextImpl.java:272)
        at com.ardor3d.framework.jogl.JoglCanvasRenderer.init(JoglCanvasRenderer.java:171)
        at com.ardor3d.framework.jogl.JoglInitializerRunnable.run(JoglInitializerRunnable.java:35)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:241)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:705)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:101)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:666)Open file...Adding: Foundation(73a7f249) (-20.0, -15.0, 0.0) (20.0, -15.0, 0.0) (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) editPoint = -1

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:664)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:675)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:128)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:117)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Ok I'm going to test something else, wait for a few minutes. Does it work at least on Nvidia?
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
nope, it doesn't work on nvidia either. ever since renanse applied the patch to Ardor3D it ceased to work on both intel and non-intel video cards.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Please keep my patch and check whether joglAwtCanvas.getContext() is not null in JoglInitializerRunnable.
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
it's not null. It has the following value:

WindowsOnscreenWGLContext [OpenGL -1.-1, options 0x0, null, this 0x4d29ead, handle 0x0, null,
         quirks: n/a,
        Drawable: WindowsOnscreenWGLDrawable[Realized false,
        Factory   jogamp.opengl.windows.wgl.WindowsWGLDrawableFactory@1faf7254,
        Handle    0x0,
        Surface   JAWT-Window[windowHandle 0x220696, surfaceHandle 0x0, bounds [ 0 / 0  400 x 300 ], insets [ l 0, r 0 - t 0, b 0 - 0x0], shallUseOffscreenLayer false, isOffscreenLayerSurface false, pos 0/0, size 735x577, visible true, lockedExt false,
        requested GLCaps[rgba 0x8/8/8/0, opaque, accum-rgba 0/0/0/0, dp/st/ms: 16/0/0, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]],
        sun.awt.Win32GraphicsConfig@a2a8caa[dev=D3DGraphicsDevice[screen=1],pixfmt=7],
        requested GLCaps[rgba 0x8/8/8/0, opaque, accum-rgba 0/0/0/0, dp/st/ms: 16/0/0, dbl, mono  , hw, GLProfile[GL3bc/GL3bc.hw], on-scr[.]],
        awtComponent AWT-GLCanvas[Realized false,
        Factory   jogamp.opengl.windows.wgl.WindowsWGLDrawableFactory@1faf7254,
        handle    0x0,
        Drawable size 735x577,
        AWT pos 0/0, size 735x577,
        sun.awt.Win32GraphicsConfig@a2a8caa[dev=D3DGraphicsDevice[screen=1],pixfmt=7],
        surfaceLock <377af90c, 6a749f48>[count 0, qsz 0, owner <NULL>]]]]
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Please test this alternative patch:
Ardor3D.patch

It should work, it forces the realization of the OpenGL surface.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
If it doesn't work, please use the following option:
-Dnewt.debug=all -Dnativewindow.debug=all -Djogl.debug=all

I would like to know what happens on your machines.